Visitor Visa - Family Sponsored (Subclass 600)
The Sponsored Family Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) is a type of visa offered by the Australian government that allows Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens to sponsor their family members to visit them in Australia for a temporary period.
Key points about the Sponsored Family Visitor Visa (Subclass 600):
- Eligibility: The Sponsored Family Visitor Visa allows family members of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens to visit Australia for leisure, tourism, or visiting family. The sponsor must provide financial support and accommodation to the visitor during their stay.
- Sponsorship: An Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen (usually over 18 years of age) must sponsor the visitor by lodging a sponsorship application. The sponsor undertakes certain responsibilities, including ensuring the visitor complies with the visa conditions and departs Australia by the visa’s expiry.
- Visitor’s Eligibility: The visitor must meet certain eligibility criteria, including demonstrating genuine intentions to visit Australia temporarily, having adequate funds for the visit, and meeting health and character requirements.
- Visa Validity: The Sponsored Family Visitor Visa can be granted for different duration, typically ranging from three months to 12 months, depending on the circumstances. Multiple entries within the visa validity period are generally allowed.
- Assurance of Support: An assurance of support may be required for certain visitors. This is a commitment by the sponsor (and, if necessary, others) to provide financial support and assistance to the visa holder so that they would not rely on Australian social services.
- No Work: The Sponsored Family Visitor Visa usually does not permit the visitor to work in Australia. The primary purpose of the visa is for tourism and visiting family.
- Application Process: The application process involves submitting a visa application, sponsorship application, and providing supporting documents. The visitor may need to undergo health examinations and meet character requirements.
- Visitor’s Intentions: It’s important for the visitor to demonstrate genuine intentions to visit Australia temporarily and return to their home country after the visit.