Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
The Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190), commonly referred to as Visa 190, is an Australian permanent residency visa designed for skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government. This visa allows skilled individuals to live and work anywhere in Australia and is a pathway to permanent residency.
Key points about Visa 190:
- State or Territory Nomination: To be eligible for Visa 190, applicants must first receive a nomination from an Australian state or territory government. Each state and territory has its own set of criteria and requirements for nominating candidates based on their skills and contributions to the regional economy.
- Skilled Occupation List: Applicants must nominate an occupation that is on the relevant Skilled Occupation List (SOL) or Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) and meet the required skills assessment for that occupation.
- Points-Based System: Similar to other skilled visas, applicants are assessed based on a points-based system that considers factors such as age, English language proficiency, work experience, education, and other relevant criteria.
- Expression of Interest (EOI): Interested individuals need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the online SkillSelect system. This involves providing information about their skills, qualifications, and other relevant details.
- Invitation to Apply: If an applicant’s EOI meets the eligibility criteria and receives a competitive score, they may receive an invitation from the Australian government to apply for the Visa 190.
- Permanent Residency: Once granted, Visa 190 provides the holder and their eligible family members with Australian permanent residency, allowing them to live, work, and study in Australia indefinitely.
- Obligations and Residency Requirements: Visa 190 holders are generally required to live in the nominating state or territory for a specified period, as outlined in the nomination conditions. This is to fulfill the commitment to contribute to the regional economy.
- Health and Character Requirements: Applicants and their family members must meet certain health and character requirements as part of the visa application process.